Slide background

USA Travel Insurance

The USA is a country which is on most people’s bucket list. Its huge size means that it is home to the variety of sights and attractions more akin to a continent than a country. From beautiful beaches to high-rise cities, towering ski mountains to stretches of desert, this really is a place that takes a lifetime to explore.

People choose to explore the USA in various different ways. Many like to visit the different areas of the country in short trips and visit one place at a time, whilst others like to take the backpacking approach and try to see everything in one go. Then there are the people who like a more specialist trip and hop on the back of their motorcycle and journey from coast to coast. Our Backpacker and Standard policies and Silver and Gold policies will all cover touring by motorcycle with no restriction on cc, though Silver and Gold cover is now restricted to 14 days motorcycling per trip. If you require cover for longer periods, you will need to select Backpacker or Standard cover. Trans-continental long distance journeys by motorcycle through remote regions or on unmade roads are not covered automatically on our Backpacker and Standard policies if there is an off-road element. Roads do not necessarily have to be tarmac but must be a proper highway and passable by saloon car. We now need to refer cases involving off-roading to our underwriters for consideration and a special quote. If you let us have your proposed itinerary, we can apply to them for a quotation.

Because of this variation in both terrain and activities, getting the right travel insurance for the USA can be difficult. It’s important to cover all bases, so if you are going on a skiing trip or something which involves extreme sports then you need to be sure you get travel insurance which covers those activities.

Which Travel Insurance for the USA?

Likewise, your travel insurance for America will vary depending on how long you are staying. Travel insurance for people visiting the US as part of a gap year will be very different to those travelling on a business trip or short holiday. Don’t make the mistake of getting a short stay single trip policy if you’re going on a long, round the world trip!

At Navigator we know that travel insurance for the USA and anywhere in the world can be a complicated business, but we want to make it as easy as possible for you. If you’re not sure of exactly what kind of policy you need then get in touch and we’ll try and offer you a suitable USA travel insurance to match your needs. Of course, if you know exactly what you want then you can go and get a quote online right now!

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More

Check out the different options available to you below:

Check out our blog below:


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.