Polo Travel Insurance
Polo travel insurance can be extremely difficult to arrange. Many travel insurance companies that claim to specialise in extreme or hazardous sports and activities will not cover this sport. Our Short Stay and Annual Multi Trip Navigator Silver, Navigator Gold & Navigator Diamond policies can cover you to play polo, as long as it is on an amateur basis (we can only cover professional players on our Adventures top-up policy). The Navigator Silver, Gold & Diamond policies come in three levels of activity cover – Leisure, Action and Action Plus. You just need to ensure that you select the “Action Plus” level when getting a quote or buying a policy. Long Stay Navigator Silver, Gold & Diamond policies do not cover Polo. If you require Long Stay cover to play Polo (over 62 days) you need to select the Backpacker or Standard Longstay policies, which will offer additional Action Packs to cover you to participate – you will need Activity Pack 4 for Polo on long stay cover. The Backpacker and Standard policies also come in Short Stay and Annual Multi Trip versions.
We cover polo players travelling all over the world, but especially to Argentina, South Africa and New Zealand.
There are some conditions attached to participation in Action Plus sports (including polo) :
- Cover includes competitive play, but only on an amateur basis.
- Personal Liability cover is EXCLUDED for claims arising from playing these sports and riding animals generally.
- Recommended safety clothing/equipment must be worn when playing.
- Additional compensation (Personal Accident) for death/loss of sight/limb and disablement is not covered for claims arising from Action Plus sports.
- The Medical Expenses section covers you for polo-related accidents, but the excess on medical claims arising from playing polo is increased from £25 (Diamond), £50 (Gold) or £75 (Silver) to £200 for claims arising from playing.
- Sports clothing and equipment is not covered whilst in use and at other times is subject to the single item/set limit.
Call us on 0161 973 6435 for a quote, or get a quote online, remembering to select the “Action Plus” sports option for Silver and Gold policies, or the relevant Action Pack for Backpacker and Standard policies.
If you are a professional player, please call us on the above number and we would be pleased to quote you on our Adventures policy, either with full travel insurance cover, or just as a top-up to your existing travel insurance cover.