European Breakdown Insurance

Slide background

Affordable Breakdown Cover with Allianz

A great way to explore Europe, and one popular with many Brits, is to take your own car or motorcycle across the Channel and navigate the continent at your own speed. Whilst this brings with it convenience and freedom, it also brings the risk of unfamiliar roads and different rules. Your vehicle breakdown policy in the UK is unlikely to cover you on foreign soil, so it’s important to organise Annual or Single Trip European Breakdown cover before you jump in the driving seat and set off on your journey.

Whilst driving your own car is a great way to navigate another country, you are always susceptible to the risks of mechanical breakdown or collision. Without the right breakdown insurance, you can quickly see costs get out of hand. It is not just the cost of returning the vehicle to the UK, but also the additional costs which are often overlooked; hotels, travel costs etc. Because of these potential expenses, you are always better off being prepared with a good breakdown insurance policy which can take care of all those costly items for you.

Single and Multi Trip Breakdown Cover

Navigator can help you choose the right breakdown insurance cover for your needs, whether it be a single trip policy or annual multi trip for numerous holidays. Single Trip European Breakdown Cover will cover you for just that – a single holiday. If you regularly travel abroad in your car then it may be worthwhile considering an annual multi trip breakdown policy which will give you breakdown cover for multiple trips.

Our cover is available for any UK registered car, motorcycle, light van or caravan, as long as it falls within the following dimensions: 7 metres in length, 3 metres in height and 2.3 metres in width and maximum 3,500kg in weight.

This European Vehicle Breakdown Insurance is arranged by Voyager Insurance Services Ltd with Allianz Global Assistance. Voyager Insurance Services Ltd and Allianz Global Assistance are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768

Additional Travel Insurance

Navigator can also help you with your personal travel insurance requirements, to cover unforeseen medical expenses, loss or theft of baggage etc. You can see the various policies we offer here on the website, depending on the duration of your trip and the kind of activities you will be undertaking.

If you have any questions, get in touch with us and we can help you choose the best options for your holiday insurance needs. If you know what you’re looking for then get a quote here.
Clicking this link will take you to a website operated by Voyager Insurance Services Ltd where you can purchase European Vehicle Breakdown insurance. Navigator Travel Insurance is not responsible for the content of external websites.

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.