Travel Insurance for Pensioners and the Elderly


Travel Insurance for Pensioners and the Elderly

For elderly people and pensioners travelling away for a family celebration or an annual holiday, it is essential to ensure that the correct travel insurance policy is purchased beforehand. The policy will cover any unplanned for emergencies. For example, should the trip have to be cancelled at the last-minute due to ill health, or should a medical emergency occur during the holiday, this policy will give the best cover to ensure no financial loss.

If travelling within Europe and carrying a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), medical cover is available in most countries. However, it is always a good idea to have additional cover via your travel insurance policy to ensure the best medical care should there be an unexpected health problem.

The possibility of losing luggage or valued possessions is always a possibility when on holiday and the travel insurance policy will ensure that there is no monetary loss, allowing the traveller to replace the items when back home.

For the elderly person who regularly travels abroad, an Annual Multi Trip Policy is a great option to save money, rather than laying out cash for each holiday. However, if the trip is a once off, a Short Stay Single Trip Policy is the best option.

For a group of pensioners travelling away together for a fun long weekend or annual holiday, consider taking out a travel insurance policy to cover the whole group, saving some money and allowing more available cash to have fun while travelling.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We at Navigator are always ready and available to help.

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.