Cycling Travel Insurance



Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or “all but essential” travel. Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses, with the exception of Medical Expenses cover (provided that you are not travelling against FCO advice).

Cycling Travel Insurance

If you’re the sort of person who likes to break a sweat on their travels then a cycling holiday will be right up your street. Combining the opportunity to explore beautiful areas and see the local countryside and attractions with a chance to get some good exercise, many Brits head out on cycle touring holidays every year.

We have a range of insurance for cycling, that can cover Road or Mountain Biking, including Downhill Racing at a supplement, Cycle Touring, Triathlon, Events and Event Training Abroad

There are many places to go on a biking holiday, with Spain and France particularly popular because of their challenging terrain and stunning mountain scenery. Of course, riding on foreign roads does offer its own risks, as you aren’t familiar with all the rules of the roads or the driving behaviour of its drivers. Unfortunately, this can lead to accidents and it’s important that if you’re unlucky enough to be involved in one that you have the proper cycling touring insurance in place to cover you.

Please note that your bike is not covered at all under the cycle touring insurance policy. We would recommend that you get your bicycle covered on your household policy or insure it separately with a specialist insurer.

The exception is our Gold policy, which can offer limited bicycle cover at extra cost. This Cycle Insurance is included under the Sports Equipment option and can cover your bicycle up to a maxcimum of £1500, with conditions.

IMPORTANT. There is also a clause under the Baggage/Personal Possessions section, stating that there is no cover for sports clothes and equipment whilst in use.This means that your cycling helmet and cycling clothes/goggles etc are not covered if damaged in an accident etc.

One of the key things to be aware of when riding abroad is to be suitably prepared and protected. Always wear a helmet, as if you are involved in an incident and aren’t wearing one, it may be cause for your travel insurance to be void. Most cyclists will always take the relevant precautions and it’s never more important to do so than when on a cycle touring holiday abroad.

At Navigator, we want to ensure you get the correct cycling holiday insurance for your trip. If you’re not sure exactly what level of sports cover you need then get in touch and we will help guide you through the policies available. Of course, if you know exactly what you want then you can go and get a quote online right now!

Find out the best price for your activity travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.