Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance


Kilimanjaro Travel Insurance UK

When planning a climbing or trekking trip to Kilimanjaro, it is essential to be aware of the risks involved and for this reason, it is wise to organise a travel insurance policy for UK citizens to cover all eventualities. The correct cover should encompass the possibility of theft or loss of property, as well as medical problems or the possibility of a last minute cancellation.

You should make your broker aware of the fact that you are trekking in what can be a dangerous environment, as not all policies cover adventure sports. The policy should also cover the possibility of an emergency medical transfer or a sudden flight home. Theft tends to be a real problem in most African countries, so having the correct cover ensures that should your camera, laptop or phone be stolen, those items can be replaced with no financial loss.


There is a range of options available to ensure the ideal cover. If you are heading to Mount Kilimanjaro on a short trip, consider short stay cover. However, if you are planning on staying a little longer, long stay cover is the ideal option.

Should you have any concerns about the best option to choose, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Navigator, as we are always available to help and advise you.

Trekking at altitudes over 4250 metres can ONLY be covered on our Adventures policy. Call us on 0161 973 6435 for a quote and details.

Find out the best price for your activity travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.