6 Month Travel Insurance


6 Month Travel Insurance Policies

Extended holiday insurance for a worldwide or European 180 days 6-month trip abroad doesn’t need to break the bank. Because we specialise in Long Stay travel insurance, we are able to negotiate special rates. Our Backpacker cover for 6 months longstay cover starts at approximately £70 for Europe or from a little over £80 for travelling further afield.

We get asked to quote for 180 days cover for all sort of different trips. Some of the more unusual requests recently have been installing turbines in Mexico, volunteering at a lion sanctuary in South Africa, working in an orphanage in Uganda, motorcycling around Europe. The list is long and varied, so if you’re planning the trip of a lifetime, we invite you to try us for a quote.

If you buy 6 months travel insurance and you think that the long trip could get extended, that’s not a problem, as these policies can be extended after departure. We find that trips of this nature need flexibility and we are usually able to accommodate changes of your plan.

If your long term holiday is reasonably straightforward, you can get a quote online, by selecting “Long Stay” from the policy type options and then entering your details. If the trip is of a more hazardous or adventurous nature, you can email us or call 0161 973 6435 and we will endeavour to get a price for you.

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.