18 Month Travel Insurance


18 Month Travel Insurance Policies

The maximum duration for our long stay travel insurance is 18 months. This travel insurance is available if you are travelling or working temporarily overseas on working holiday visas etc and have not taken up residence abroad.

If you are now residing overseas, they will probably suggest that you need monthly health insurance cover rather than travel insurance, but if you are intending to return to the UK within 18 months, it is worth checking with us.

Where the overseas stay is clearly temporary, it is quite likely that cover can be agreed, for instance, if you are going to Australia on a 12 month Working Holiday Visa and then intend to go to New Zealand on a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa. Because these visa types are not intended for long-term residency, there is a good chance that we will be able to assist.

This website will quote Navigator Silver, Pearl & Gold long stay travel insurance prices for up to 18 months. You can also contact us by email or phone 0161 973 6435 for quotes on our new AIG Longstay & Backpacker policies for durations up to 18 months.

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.