12 Month Travel Insurance


12 Month Travel Insurance Policies

Navigator Travel Insurance are specialists in long stay 12 months travel insurance. If you are travelling overseas for an extended period of time, you need a Long Stay policy. These are sold in durations from 2 months up to 18 months. Most people buy 12 months travel insurance, but if you are uncertain of the exact duration, you can take a shorter duration and extend it up to the 12 months if necessary

We cover gap year travel, extended backpacking trips, long term visits to friends and family, round the world holidays, volunteering abroad or occupational postings overseas, study and other educational travel.

Our policies can cover a wide variety of extreme sports, such as playing polo, motorcycling, mountain biking, skydiving, high-altitude trekking, scuba diving down to 40m, horse riding, kitesurfing, surfing and many others, though some of these sports fall into the Action and Action Plus categories, which are not covered on Silver or Gold Long Stay policies. If you need cover for the more hazardous sports and activities, just select either our Backpacker or Standard Longstay policies, though many of these activities will incur additional costs and conditions.

Just select Long Stay when completing our online quotation form.

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.