11 Month Travel Insurance


11 Month Travel Insurance Policies

If you are planning a gap year or other extended trip abroad and you are not sure if you need a full year, you can buy one of our Long Stay travel insurance policies for 11 months or any length of time from 2 months up to 18 months.

Many travellers think that long term travel insurance must be for either 6 months or 12 months, but it is possible to buy an 11-month travel insurance and extend after departure if you do decide to stay longer.

If you enjoy adventure or extreme sports, these are the policies for you. Our Silver and Gold policies cover a wide range of activities such as water sports, bungee jumping, horse riding, trekking to 4000m, scuba diving to 30m etc. These are the sports on the “Leisure” activities list. If you need cover for some of the more hazardous activities, such as motorcycling, skydiving, rugby, polo, piloting light aircraft or rock climbing, you would need to select our Backpacker or Standard Long-stay policies. Many of these sports can be covered with Activity Packs 1-4 on the Backpacker and Standard Long-stay policies. There is a list of sports on this website, advising which of these categories the sports fall into. If you are travelling for 12 months and just want to do one tandem skydive, you will not necessarily always need to upgrade the whole duration. We can just request to upgrade part of your policy to allow more hazardous sports, but you would need to call us on 0161 973 6435 for a special quote.

Find out the best possible price for your travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • Option to extend to 62 days
  • Special deals for couples and families
Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad
Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free
Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.