LONG STAY: For trips up to 18 months duration. Cover from 42p per day GET A FREE QUOTE


IMPORTANT – If you are travelling to a country against FCDO advice, ONLY our High Risk Voyager policies are valid (and they will cover medical claims connected with the circumstances that are giving rise to the FCDO advice – usually Covid 19). ALL our other policies, including Navigator Silver, Navigator Gold, Navigator Diamond, Motorcycle Silver & Motorcycle Gold, are completely invalid if you travel to a country against FCDO advice.

Our policies will no longer provide cover for claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic, notably at this time Coronavirus (COVID-19) including any related and/or similar condition(s) howsoever called or any mutation of these. This policy will also not provide cover claims relating to the fear or threat of pandemic and/or epidemic, including but not limited to Coronavirus (COVID-19) including any related and/or similar condition(s) howsoever or any mutation of these, with the exception of Medical Expenses cover (provided that you are not travelling against FCDO advice).

Click here for more details: https://www.navigatortravelinsurance.co.uk/coronavirus-information/

Looking for Coronavirus travel insurance? Click this link for more information.

Travel Insurance for Everyone

Get an instant quote and save money with Navigator Travel Insurance. Policies for backpackers, gap year travel, student travel or family holidays. We can cover most types of working abroad, including manual work, using heavy machinery, agricultural work and working with both domestic & wild animals. We have a wide range of policies for motorcycling on or off-road, motocross, track days and events. Most adventure or hazardous sports also covered – including insurance for paragliding, bungee jumping, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, martial arts, rugby, polo and skiing.


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.

High-Risk Destination Travel InsuranceFIND OUT MORE

High-Risk Destination Insurance

Covers War Zones and Disaster Relief Zones.

Cover designed for travelling professionals needing to travel to high-risk regions like Iraq & Syria.

DestinationsFIND OUT MORE

Motorcycle Travel Insurance

On-road & off-road cover for motorcycles

Get covered for your next motorcycle holiday with Navigator Travel Insurance.

Global Voyager International Travel InsuranceFIND OUT MORE

Global Voyager Travel Insurance

Travel from anywhere, to anywhere

Available to most nationalities on an "anywhere to anywhere" basis whilst travelling outside home country.

When you plan your holiday or travel arrangements it is important to choose your holiday insurance with care. Many policies do not give cover for adventurous or hazardous sports and it is frequent for holiday insurance not to cover working whilst traveling.

Navigator offers several online insurances that cover working and many sports and hazardous activities. Our BACKPACKER and STANDARD LONGSTAY  products are aimed primarily at backpackers and gap year or student travel and give basic cover for travel and working, with a good selection of sports covered. The SILVER, GOLD & DIAMOND policies cover fewer types of work and sporting activities, but offer higher levels of cover than Backpacker and Standard.

This important part of trip planning is all too often given insufficient consideration and many holiday makers travel each year with policies that are not suitable for the activities that they are undertaking. There is such a range of travel types that it is often difficult to identify the right policy without a lot of research. Some of the specialist policies offered here at Navigator are:

Backpacker Insurance
Working Travel Insurance
Volunteering Abroad Insurance
After Departure Insurance
Extreme Sports Insurance

A common mistake when selecting a policy for long stay travel is to buy an Annual Multi-Trip holiday insurance. Because these are advertised as “annual holiday insurance” it is assumed that they would give cover for a long stay trip, such as a gap year holiday. In reality, whilst they will give insurance cover for many trips, there is an individual trip duration limit, often only 31 days. This type of cover can be invalidated if your trip is longer than this duration, so for holidays like this you need long stay cover. Our BACKPACKER, STANDARD LONGSTAY, SILVER, GOLD & DIAMOND policies cover long trips of up to 18 months duration.

It is also increasingly popular these days for people to seek work overseas, and it is important that you get a working travel insurance cover to ensure that work is covered. Many holiday policies will not cover claims that arise in the workplace, though Navigator offer policies like the Standard Longstay, Navigator Standard & Navigator Plus, covering manual work, using heavy machinery, working with animals and agricultural work.  There will be additional conditions attached to manual work, and occasionally higher cost. Personal Liability claims are not covered though; these should be covered by the employer who should have insurance in place to protect against such eventualities.

Whatever your requirements, we will try to obtain a suitable quote to cover your needs, and offer a personal service to try and ensure that the policy meets your expectations. Call us now or get a quote online!

Frequently Asked Questions (March 2020):

What cover is available under my policy in relation to Coronavirus of FCO change in advice?

Please note, our policies do not provide cover for cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against all or “all but essential” travel. Our policies will also not cover any claims caused by or relating to Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. We also can not cover any claims relating to any fear or threat concerning these viruses. This general exclusion applies to all sections of cover except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section.